Training programs are based upon a 24 week preparation (6 month minimum) for a key race as well as building a successful foundation (base). A successful foundation entails 6-9 weeks of low intensity, base building endurance that promotes good technique and strong core strength, preparing the body for the rigors of a long distance event training program. This foundation is preceded and at times coincides with a comprehensive strength program. The foundation (base) will be evaluated by the coach, combined with current physiological testing and when necessary, extended. This program, with its combination of foundation and 16 week preparation for specific races is designed to maximize your training effectiveness while minimizing your risk of overtraining or injury.
The Plan gives you daily specific instructions regarding:
- Your personal, custom built program
- Which sport (or sports) to do when
- Duration to train & intensity at which to train each discipline
- When to rest and what forms of rest (active or passive)
- Periodization and tapering
Deliverables included in the Advanced Ironman Program:
- Workoutlog or TrainingPeaks subscription
- Goal setting sessions – Season Planning – Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- Unlimited program adjustment and email feedback
- Unlimited email coaching interaction
- Education, articles and monthly training updates
AIMP coaching from Chris Hauth:
- A training program that not only incorporates the athlete’s individual feedback and test results but also addresses race strategy, strength training, and nutrition.
- Training and racing tips with each training program.
- Specific race characteristics factored into the training regime.
- Weekly ride & run file analysis with Powermeter and heart rate data
Cost: $315 per month. This requires a 6 month minimum
Train according to a philosophy that has worked for past IM Hawaii champions and current elite finishers. This is why the Half and Full Ironman results of Chris Hauth’s AIMP athletes speak for themselves – from overall Amateur World Champions & world records to top age group finishers, CEO Challenge winners and numerous IM personal bests. The program prides itself on results through outstanding preparation and training discipline.