Coast Ride 2017
November 22 update:
- A confirm you are planning to join. This is not an obligation but we need to plan numbers.
- A deposit of $150 is due by Dec 16, 4 weeks prior to the Coast Ride. It will be non refundable as of January 1.
- Please have you hotel rooms set up. The emails below have all the information
- Please let me know if you are joining all 4 days, 5 days, 3 days etc.
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Anything else you may need for the trip down the coast. Most details are attached below on pricing etc.
- Shipping bike? Let me know so I can give you address and have it built for you/ready.
I have received a great amount of feedback for the 2017 Coast Ride. Looks like we will be a solid sized group of 35 or more! There are always cancellations, so I am doing the math around 30 riders. That way I can have final expenses and your costs calculated by Dec. 9th, 5 weeks prior to roll out!
Hotels and flight info
If you are flying in from out of town, arrival is Thursday January 12th. Hotel is the Best Western in Corte Madera CA. There is an airport bus that goes close to Corte Madera, the Marin Airporter. I will work on coordinating your flights, arrival times etc. I will do my best to pick you up either at airport or in Marin. That means sharing flight info once you have it.
- Day 1 – Marina CA – Holiday Inn Express
- Day 2 – Morro Bay CA – there are a few hotels here but many require a 2 night minimum. I will coordinate with La Serena Inn to see if they will waive that requirement.
- Day 3 – Santa Barbara CA – Pacific Inns and Suites in Goleta CA.
- Day 4 – Santa Monica, CA – The Georgian Hotel.
- Day 1 – Marin over the Golden Gate Bridge to Marina along the Pacific Coast Highway – 125 miles – Jan 13
- Day 2 – Monterey via Big Sur and San Simeon to Morro Bay – 132 miles – Jan 14
- Day 3 – Morro Bay to Santa Barbara – 118 miles – Jan 15
- Day 4 – Santa Barbara to Santa Monica via Ventura – 99 or 106 miles depending on choice A or choice B – Jan 16
IF THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TRAINING FOR YOU: we have runs off the bike every day besides the last day. We can SWIM on Tuesday in Santa Monica and Thursday in Marin (morning) with me in Marin.
Remember, it’s an ODD year: Dinners are included: upon arrival we will have a dinner cooked/catered by SAGmonkey. There will be all the options of GF, Vegan, extra Carbs, low Carbs, Paleo and Beer only diets.
LAX from Santa Monica, or Santa Barbara on Day 3 as well. Final option is returning to SF on Tuesday for an afternoon flight home.
For now – your interest in joining and being on this email is plenty. In a few weeks I will narrow down this email to riders that are joining only. More details, logistics and pricing coming. I WOULD recommend coordinating hotel rooms now. Whether traveling solo or with a friend to split the expense, I would at least reserve the rooms.
Deposits: will be due prior to the Holidays – once you have 2-3 weeks to work through the pricing numbers.
More to follow and please let me know of any questions!